10 October, 2006

you wait for ages and then everything comes at once

As I was at the check in at the airport my mobile rung. The worst possible moment, as I was handing in my passport, my e-ticket and my suitcase, plus answering the usual set of questions (at least I know then by heart now and I can answer them in several languages: did you packet your suitcase yourself? have you been given anything to carry with you? are you a registered Al-Queda terrorist? well, not that one... yet).

Anyway, the phone rung and I answered and a guy spoke rapidly in Catalan. I told him that I couldn't understand a thing and he told me in Spanish that it was for a job add that I applied a few days before and he wanted to interview me the very next day. I was frozen on the spot. I explained that I was about to flight to England and asked if it was ok to have the interview later this week, he said ok and I asked him to send me the interview address by e-mail.

That was quick.
I only starting sending CVs and answering ads last week, so I expected it will take longer. I'm delighted.

We'll see latter this week. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck good luck I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Just understand that if you don't get it,you wouldn't want to work for such stupid people, because you are worth having love Glynis x x x

KlaudjaB said...

That's my girl!!!
You always have your poetic way of cheer me up!!