29 October, 2006

Used vs. New cars (this is for car loving Carlos)

Yesterday we spend the whole afternoon going from car seller to car seller and we collected loads of information about diferents cars and makes. We even checked cars we didn't consider before (such as the smallest of the KIA, the picanto) or double checked on the Smart which I love but was discarded because it's too small.

In the process we discovered and fell in love with the Lancia ypsilon (pictured here).
Nobody does design as the Italians do, and this little car is just gorgeous. The whole interior was designed by Dolce&Gabanna (my favourite designers after Versacce died) in a very retro style and very glamourous. Off course it's way out of our budget as it cost near 20,000€ (around 14,000 pounds), not the most expensive car ever but totally out of reach right now. So, just to keep the dream alive, I'll place it first in my wish list on Amazon. You never know.

Back to reality.
After tea we compared several cars within our budget and decided that we're going to get an almost new Nissan micra boringly gray but apparently reliable, cheap to run etc. We'll take it for a ride on Monday and with any luck we can have it on Friday.
To buy a car is a lot of hussle here in Spain with loads of paperwork to do, so, we'll count ourselves lucky if we manage to have it by the end of the week, specially a week with a fiesta in it.
I'm also considering taking some extra driving tuition, if I can afford it, just to be on the safe side. People drives crazily here, altough they're more careful since they implemented the penalty of taking point out system on driving licences as they do in the UK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you sweetheart! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness since I know how "car proof" you are! Well, I hope you, the S.C. of the I.S.S. and the Nissan live for ever after in a very happy menage a trois!!