15 October, 2006

Sporty Sunday

One of the, many, reason that allegedly brought "the husband" to live here is that the weather in funky but rainy Bristol doesn't make him feel like exercising and thus explaining why he was turning into a coach potato.
HA! I'd always though it was the lamest excuse ever and told him so in so many words.

So, I don't know if the reason was actually true or he just want to win one over me, whatever... Earlish this morning, (for a Sunday that's it), he woke me up and dragged me out to take the bus to a local sports club of some sort on the outskirt of town. A brand new, sparkling sports club with two swimming pools (one heated and indoors), state-of-art exercise machines and eerily and totally empty; but for the doorman there was no sign of life in the whole club.

The sun was shining as it only does it in August in Bristol, I mean, a t-shirts and sunglasses sort of day, in mid-October!! It was actually too cheery for me, as you know, I'm definitely not an early bird.

The plan was for the three of us to play paddle tennis, a sort of racket sport that was very popular in Argentina when we used to live there. I bough two Sunday's newspaper just to make sure that I could have something to retire to in case the playing was too much or too boring, after all, I am searching for a job. Anyway, and believe me I was the first to be surprised, I didn't need them at all. We fought about the rules a lot, but it didn't really matter because we had to struggle just to keep the ball going, we're such klutz!
(am I being enough of a Newyorker here, Lloyd?)
The weather was just perfect, warm enough to enjoy ourselves, breezy enough to keep us just on the good side of warm. Sunny and nobody was around to see me making a fool of myself (not that I care anyway).

We play for around 3 hours, on an off, and had a great time. The club closed at 2pm (isn't it silly to close a sport club on a Sunday?) so we left just in (Spanish) time for lunch, which we took just outside a tapas bar in the Sabadell rambla, next to hone.
The guys want this to be our new Sunday activity and i couldn't agree more.

I just hope that tomorrow I'd be able to walk!

No comments: