13 October, 2006

No interview - too bussy to mind

I actually started checking my e-mail for the job interview the minute I've got home. . Even before I managed to go to the (much needed) loo.

None.

Never.

If they've got my mobile number, they got my e-mail address.
So I can only think that the guy wasn't happy with me don't understanding his Catalan in the first place so he changed his mind and didn't send me the address by mail.
Or that they're not computer literate and they need me more than they can imagine.
Whatever!
I don't have the time or the energy to think (or mourn) about that job now, my plate is as full as it can be right now.

Earlier today we signed the contrato de arras for the flat. In it we agreed to lose the deposit money (nearly 12,000 pounds) if we can not buy the flat in a reasonable time (we've got until December the fifth to find a mortgage) but we have a way out in case no bank here trust us enough, so the contract also clearly say that the estate agents agreed to find us a mortgage lender able and willing to give us a mortgage in reasonable conditions.
God knows exactly what "reasonable conditions" actually means in Spain, so my job for the next few weeks will be to find a lender and get us a mortgage.

By now, you know that to get a phone line installed at home in the middle of a middle-sized town took us more than a month and a number of increasingly annoying phone calls... well... then you can start to imagine the pain that is going to be to get a mortgage. For instance: you can forget all about fixed rates, they don't exist here. Luckily we have a third of the value of the house as a deposit, so I can somehow confidently write that it cannot to be that hard.
Although I have the nagging feeling that I'm being really naive here.

We're committed to buy the flat now and it's my job to find a good mortgage package with the best interest rate available. ASAP.

Where's the fast-forward button of my life?
I just know that all this working, worrying, heaving and puffing will be over somehow, someday and then we'd be looking behind with amusement and laugh at the insanity of it all. Now, however, I just want to curl down under the bed with chocolate.

By the way, Glynnis darling, you're turning me into an alco-choco-holic, the lovely drink that you got for me is getting even better now that it's Autumn here.

No comments: