25 October, 2006

International player

Next Wednesday P's rugby coach is taking the children abroad to France to play against another club.

Rugby is still a minority sport here in Spain so the closest club they can find to play with is in Perpignan, France. They're hiring a coach and they're going to spend the whole day there. I wish I could go but I'm not sure if I'll be working that day. Thinking about it, what about school? Are they mad? mmm... unless, next Wednesday is another fiesta day for whatever reason, I need to ask.

It sounds all very exiting until you realise that going to Perpignan from here is like going to Cardiff from Bristol, just a short trip. But France is and all together different country from Spain, while Wales and England... well... I hope that dear George (totally Welsh) isn't reading this blog nowadays .
The thing is that according to international rules, a player's "home" team is the one where they played their first international match. So I'll guess P. will be forever bound to play for Spain from now on and in future world cups. So I'll have to cheer for Spain? I need to ask this too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You silly girl don't you know that Wales and England are two entirely different countries joined by a bridge love Glynis x x x

KlaudjaB said...

really?