31 January, 2007

Should you try new things when having a bad luck day?

Yesterday I had an awful day when things didn't seem to work for me. So, what did I do?
Instead of accepting that life and luck have their ups and downs, and when it happens you just should go with flow, accept and relax, it'll pass.

NO!
I went to the hairdresser. Not even the usual one. I went to try a new one that I don't know from Adam, just a couple of blocks away and ask her to "cut it short, make it up to date looking and styled as she wanted, please".
To start with, the water was not working properly, they didn't have enough pressure, just a trickle of freezing cold water. Bad sign. I should have gone back home there and then. I didn't, obviously my common sense out of order that day...
It took at least half an hour to get all the shampoo out of my hair with freezing cold water.
Then, the teenager with the haircut taken directly from the catwalk of a wacky fashion designer said that a short and quirky hair do will be ok because, allegedly, I have to "compensate for the very old looking white hair". Her words, not mine.

Lets make a long story short and say that when "the husband" arrived home he didn't say a thing and when I asked about the new haircut and do he said that, sorry, he didn't notice, he though that I didn't comb it and that it looked a total mess, no offence. P, my son, just laughed at me and asked if I was really going to work the next day.
Even I agreed in that it looked awful.

The day ended with a good note, though, because after I had a shower and washed out all the wax and what-have-you that the hairdresser put on my hair, the cut was quite neat and if you comb it in a ... let say more traditional do, it actually look pretty good.

So, the answer to the question on the heading is YES, do take risks even during bad luck days, they may not work out but at least they provide a touch of adventure in your life.

No comments: