05 January, 2007

Second job

Well. I've got myself some more hours of teaching. Good!
Steve called me yesterday to say that they have some students for me, a beginners' group, starting next Monday. He's going to be with me during the first lesson to assess my teaching methods and to see if I get on fine with the students. He gave a bunch of books, one that the students are going to use, one practice book, a teacher's book, some tapes and a thick and very well thumbed grammar book (not sure if he gave it to me as a hint that I have to study it or if is meant to be used as a guide for homework for my students).

I'll have to prepare a class asap. I'm planing to set aside some time during the weekend to do so.

I'm a bit bewildered with the fact that people are hiring me to actually teach English to somebody. Either my spoken use of the language is better that I think or I'm really good at selling myself! Maybe I should consider finding a career in PR. I wonder what Steve'd think if he had a look at this blog... specially before I run the spellchecker!!!

No comments: