22 January, 2007

Rugby day

Yesterday we had a big day at the Sant Cugat Rugby Club. Children from all over Catalunya went there to play and it was great fun. P. played against 4 other teams and at the end of the day he was all sweaty but sooooo happy. They put "the husband" to work as an official, checking the matches' results and so on.
One surprise for me was that there's loads of girls in the teams and they're very brave and tough. Good for them!
I had a good time, it was really nice to sit under the sun and and get to know some of the other mums. There's two ladies I could be friends with, very nice people; one is an Argentinean married to a Brit and with 2 bilingual kids (or should I say multilingual as they have to deal with 3 languages here), the other is a local lady married to Steve, the guy with the English school I started to work with.
The weather here is fantastic, it was a bit misty early in the morning but at around noon the sun was very worm and nice with a coldish breeze just to remained us that weŕe still in winter. As in Britain, we're having the hottest winter since records began, nice but worryingly in the long term view. A pity for us because I was looking forward to learn to sky a bit but there's not much skiing going on.

Tomorrow I'm having a new group of students. Wish me luck!!

No comments: