16 January, 2007

lovely day in downtown Barcelona

I had to take some documents to the Ing bank in downtown Barcelona because I'm opening an account with them, being all fed up with local banks. So, I took the opportunity to wander around the city. Barcelona's just such a beautiful place that every time I go there I feel fortunate to live just a few minutes away.
There's also the local after-Christmas's sale. Here they start only after the 3 kings had left their presents, this year it was on the 13th, and every week thereafter they gave more discounts until all it's gone.
So, I was rubbing my hands with greed and went there with a happy heart and a scared credit card. Then... what a big disappointment!! Yes, all the shops have red "sale" signs, but once you go in you find out that the real sale is confined to a corner of the shop or to the sad contents of a table. Definitely: nothing to write home about. I just bought a diary and that because I need one, now that I'm having more students and all, and it wasn't even particularly cheap.

No worries. The trip is always worthy as Barcelona is a great place to visit.

No comments: