13 March, 2007

A mother's worst nightmare

For a couple of hours I didn't have a clue of the whereabouts of my son and I felt all those cliche feelings: the longest hours of my life, sick with worry and I was about to die.

"The husband" and I gave the poor kid conflicting orders on what do do after school. I wanted him to go straight home because I had a class cancelled and "the husband" told him to go to his office because he totally forgot that I was due to be at home.
On top of that the kid say that his bus was latter that usual, although in retrospective I suspect that he stayed a bit longer playing and missed his bus. I just don't want to dig further into the true story.
The fact was that P. was late to arrive either home or my husband's office and I was sick with worries. To try and distract myself I watched TV but, as it happens, it was the news and a 7 years-old boy disappeared yesterday in Canary islands... talk about synchronicity!

The poor kid has a 45 minute commute each way to school everyday and with both parents working and his sport commitment, the schedule of where to go after school is ever so complicated!
Plus he's got his absentmindedness from his dad.
Life is going to be much easy when he goes to a school near home from next September.

No comments: