20 March, 2007

Look at this!!

I'm on my own most of the day and I'm totally hooked to my MP3 player. Is the one thing that I carry with me wherever I go and the one thing that I'd be lost without. I listen to all sort of stuff, from podcasts to the BBC, from FM local radio to music, from audio books to unpublished books read by their author, you name it, I listen it at some time or other.
I had my for more than a year now and it's starting to fail. You know how this things are, just like mobile phones they're not designed to last for long, they're supposed to be almost disposable. I hate that, I think is a waste and bad for the environment but... that's how things are.
Luckily "the husband" is very clever and every time my Creative Zen MP3 failed he managed to fix it, rescuing the thing from the rubbish bin and me from the loony house time after time.
However, now I started to use my MP3 player for my classes and I do need it to be reliable for more than just my own entertainment. So, I was talking about buying one for months but fretting about them being still too expensive and so forth.
Today, totally out of the blue, I've got a parcel with a lovely, purple, slick, tiny and totally gorgeous Sony NW-A1000 MP3 player. It's so tactile, all rounded, and the design is totally awesome. I'm in love. And I haven't even tried it yet!!
"The husband" just bought it for me, no reason.
He's totally the best.

No comments: