03 March, 2007

Friendship is....

We all have friends but for the most part we cannot remember the exact moment when we found one. Mostly because friendship are ongoing processes: you meet a person and, with time and shared experiences, such a person became a friend.

Well. I think I've found one today. Isn't that magic?

I actually meet this lady a few months ago. She takes her children to the same rugby club where my son goes. "The husband" meet her before I did and after seeing her a few times he told me that I had to go and talk to her because we have tons of things in common. I did go and talked to her and she was friendly and nice enough and we certainly had a lot in common but it wasn't until today that we sort of click. The chat went a little deeper, a little further and, my gosh, we do have a lot in common.

We're from the same place with strong links to the UK (she married into that, I've just feel in love with Bristol), she lost her mum almost a year ago, she also lost a sister and have another one back in Argentina. She likes to read and now she's a bit embarrassed to admit that she's into chick lit latelly (hehehe!!) plus she also prefer to read in English. She doesn't have a feeling of belonging here, not to anywhere. She's funny, articulate and clever. She loves music and is forever planing to one day learn to play an instrument. And, last but not least, is the extremely odd fact that she's forever planing to start doing some yoga but never find the time, energy, whatever, to actually do it. That was creepy!

Now I have to introduce her to podcasts and she has to make me wear some make up and she'd be my doppelganger!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was jealous the moment i read the title :) But since you are too generous a person to let that vice of mine stand between us, ì'm not ashamed to admit it :)

love you (sweetie)

KlaudjaB said...

:) Of all the people in my world, you know really well what friendship is!
I love you, my dear friend!

Anonymous said...

Well done, you just have to open your heart and let someone in. I hope you will be very good friends but please don't forget the rest of us. I feel we are keeping in touch with this blog and we all miss you very much. Even the readers are still asking how you are getting on. lots of love Glynis x x x

KlaudjaB said...

Really? Is nice to know that people still remember me! I do remember some of the wierd ones, lis Mrs Visu. Did she managed to edit her book?
Please say hello from me in sunny Barcelona!