21 September, 2006

looking for jobs

Now that I found the flat that I want, I feel good enough so I can focus now into the next item on the list: find a job.
The public sector is closed to me because I don´t speak Catalan (to be honest I don´t even understand it), so it has to be in the private sector.
The local newspaper only have very low key jobs, such as cleaners and waiters. I´ve been a waiter before but I´m too old for that now and I´m looking for something with a better pay.
The obvious job is going into teaching, but I´ll do that only if there´s nothing else, I´m not really good at that.

First I polished and updated my Cv and I have to print it. Big problem, I don´t have a printer at home and there´s none at the local cyber cafe when everybody seem to be using only emails.

Also we still don´t have telephone at home because bloody Telefonica (the one and only company that can connect you and give you a phone) told us that it´s take up to a month to get us a phone. Can yopu believe it!! I´m VERY mad!
I never thought that I say this but I so wish there was a free market here instead of this monopolies owned by the very ineficient state.

No comments: