30 April, 2007

Wedding aniversary

Today's our wedding anniversary, 14th years since we've tied the knot in Argentina and still going strong, or at least laughing together almost every day, which is a better measure of the relative "togetherness" of a couple than sex. Not to day that sex is not great... well... let's private things remain private, the gist of this sentence is that we're still wanting to be married!

We went to a lovely restaurant in the local Rambla. It's always full and at weekends local people queue outside waiting for tables, so we've just assumed it was good and were forever planing to go. Now that we had a "proper" occasion we took the chance and went there. And it was full but we arrived a bit earlier (for local standards, at 9:30pm is still early) and had no problem getting a nice table. The food was really nice, I asked for a duck comfit with oranges, "the husband" had swordfish and my mother-in-law rice with seafood, all delicious, we had wine and one dessert and the bill was less than €50 (around 33 pounds).

We didn't exchange presents, we almost never do because we both keep forgetting this so... why bother with something that will only add stress? If we remember in time we go and just have a special night out.
In any case, mother's day is on the 6th of may here and I do need a new watch as the old one is falling apart, so I'm dropping hints all over the place (including here). I specially like Swatch designs but it have to be big and with a plain face with numbers as otherwise I get confused and cannot tell the time (blame it on the dyslexia plus short-sight-ness). I totally love this one pictured here.

In any case, my dearest family should know that I do have a wish list in amazon.co.uk. Just in case!

Oh... now I realise that my mother-in-law will need to be given a present too and that it's probably my job to get it. Ok, at least I still have some time do find and buy one.

No comments: