16 April, 2007

Spring has sprung

Barbara & Pete are going back to Bristol today. I was very pleased yesterday when we were talking about the many places they've been and Pete said that it doesn't really matters if they missed some because they'll see them the next time. I was thrilled! Despite having actually worse weather than they should have had in Bristol, they did love the place and they'll be back!!
In fact, they thought that the weather was just right for sightseeing and going to museums and art galleries, and they're looking forward to visit us again.
With those cheap flights is really not a problem.

And, of course, now that they're going home, the weather here is back to it most normal sunny and hot self.

Yesterday "the husband" took everybody (guesses, mother -in-low and son) to the Montserrat mountain to see the Monastery and the famous black Virgin and I stay at home catching up with the house chores and my teaching for this week. It was nice to have time just by myself and they loved the day off hiking happily in the mountains... very Heidi-like.
They didn't see the Virgin because the queues were far too long, but they did see everything else.

My MIL (mother-in-law) was very impressed by the roads, trains and how clean everything was. This is a very prosperous area in Spain and somehow she expected a poorer or more run down place so it was a pleasant surprise to find it so nice. Although she couldn't stop herself comparing this to Argentina and wondering when it went wrong for it. Mind you that Argentina was a very prosperous country when she was young and people were migrating from poverty stricken Spain during and after the Civil War. Nowadays is just the opposite.
In fact, when I went to pick up my MIL at the airport I noticed that there were loads of families with young children in the airport lounge, most of them with Argentinean accents, and they were all waiting for their grandparents arriving in that plane. This is one of the last flights in low season, meaning lower fares, so it seems that all the grandparents are taking some time off to visit their children living in Spain.

It doesn't stop amazing me how many Argies live here. And British. And I keep forgetting to find some time to go to the consulates and register ourselves. Is not something compulsory but it'll make our life easier when we need to renew our passports and other stuff.

My boss called me today to offer me more hours teaching from next week. Great! My medium term goal is to take as many hours as I can until I can earn around €1,000. Let's see how long it takes me to do so.
My short term goal is still to start doing some exercises... I still have the €100 for the enrolling and first month fees pin to my board and never manage to actually do it!! Plus I have to go to the hairdresser and to get new glasses... so much to do, so little time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, are you taking time off in August? And do work a lot so that you can come to Bristol to visit!! We miss you lots!

Esme

KlaudjaB said...

It's not only me! the whole country close shop in August, EVERYBODY takes time off so I've nobody to teach to!
Luckily.