13 April, 2007

Thanks god is Friday!

This week has been really busy. It still takes a long time to prepare my classes, although it does offer some comfort to know that, apparently, it gets better with time... not sure why, maybe with time teachers just stop caring... I hope that the idea is that preparations require less time once you're an experienced teacher.
Right now, for each teaching hour I spend more or less the same time in preparing the class, and I'm lucky that my students don't do homework! Marking must truly take
In any case, I do hope that things can only get better because I'm going to have more teacher hours per week, Apparently, my employer was quietly checking my students about my teaching skills and the feedback was good, so she's offering me more hours from next week.

I'm pleased that all this hard work is paying off and my students (and employer) do appreciate me. It's also great to know that I'd be earning more money because I'd like to take the whole months of August off as most people here do.
It's a bit weird, but it seems that absolutely everybody is out on holidays in August, with the exception of people working in the tourism industry and cafes and restaurants, whose employees seems not to take holidays ever as restaurants, cafes and so forth are forever and almost whenever open.
Last summer we were far too busy trying to figure out where to live and how things worked in Barcelona for me to take truly, real, time off and this years has been so intense that I do really need a relaxing time.

My mother-in-law arrived today and I went to pick her up at the airport. Hats off for her flying all the way from our hometown in Argentina to here in one go, more than 26 hours and arriving here just a bit dishevelled but fine. That's a big achievement if you know that she's 81 years-old!!
I'm truly happy that she's here, we don't get along great but P loves to have her grandma spoiling him and I love her for that! She's a brilliant grandma.
She's going to stay with us for a month and that's going to be more work for me. Wish me luck!!
She just now came into my room and asked me if I'm working right now so I can give her a hand with something... luckily for me she doesn't speak English so I can write about her.

No comments: