02 April, 2007

My friends are going home

My friends left today and they're heading back to Bristol as I'm typing this. It was great to have them here with us, as I've been missing my friends since I arrived here. They have a toddler which is the nicest and cutest baby I've seen since P was a baby. We baby sat a couple of time and she was no trouble whatsoever. It's nice to have a baby in the house.

As we're planning to take our friends to the airport we were having the worst weather ever in here. The rain wasn't just falling gently from the sky but it was hitting us with a vengeance, as if a mischievous minor god was hosing us down on purpose so my friends would think that the weather here is not, after all, that different from Bristol!!

I'm going to miss them a lot. I enjoyed having them around and showing them the place and the food. I also think that they had a good time as they were eating like mad (and they bough loads of chorizos and ham to take with them) and they also could to be tourist for a while without the baby, which is always a nice break for parents with young children. They also founded that prices are cheaper than in Britain; for instance we went to have dinner out in a lovely restaurant in La Barceloneta (bangs on in the middle of the most touristic part of the city), with seafood paella a big whatever-is-called fish, soup, dessert, sangria (just coke for me as I was the designated driver), for 80€, more or less 60 quids.

I hope that reading this will give you ideas.... and you'd come to visit us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We DID have a lot of fun! We were sad to return to Bristol, as we felt we could've had a few more days with the three of you. As we were boarding the plane, Hans and I agreed that this was one of our best holidays ever. We not only enjoyed your 5-star hotel and 5-star hospitality, but also the nice and long talks, the tourism of the beautiful Barcelona (one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited), the going out without baby Esme, the visit with my uncle and his family, and the amazing food. Now we have to work on losing the weight we gained, but the food in Bristol shouldn't be too much of an obstacle :)
Again, MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS for the hospitality and yes we are coming back!

KlaudjaB said...

YES! The idea was to hook you into visit us again and again... We loved baby sitting baby Esmeralda, she's a doll.