15 November, 2006

Oh what a perfect day!

Just when I start to relax and believe that things are settling down something happens.
Yesterday I had a quiet day, I went to the hairdresser to have my hair cut, to the library to renew my books, I prepare my lessons for a few days and even had time to read. The toe is healing just right so I felt good.

Today, "the husband" had to take our son back from school even before arriving there because the poor child had a fever, the poor child didn't have the energy to complain and "the husband" only noticed the fever as he kiss him goodbye at the school doors (at least he noticed that!). As this also happened the week before I decided that it was time to take the kid to see his GP (here in the local health centre they have a full time pediatrician, I don't think that my son was even seen by one before in his whole healthy life) but the next appointment is for this afternoon so I've had to cancel my class for today to stay at home.
That's not much of a problem because I can re-schedule the class for tomorrow, as my other students are on photo safari holiday in Tanzania. (lucky people, but they deserved it, they work long hours and even some weekends)

But problems have a tendency to came in twos. So, "the husband" just called to let me know that he lost his rucksack with his laptop on it. After a bit of talking, it transpire that he forgot the rucksack in the train!! He just left the whole thing on the tube! How could he??? He's always been absent minded as scientist are considered to be but this is too much even for him!!
I'm not sure the insurance will cover it and it was a very expensive laptop and we cannot replace right now, not to mention that he also lost the information on it.
I want to kill him.
So he's now hopping from wagon after wagon, train to train on the same subway route, trying to find it because he called the lost-and-found office and they'll now lately on the day.

I really want to kill him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Claudia - what a day! As we say in England, it never rains but it pours. Don't worry - tomorrow will be better and at least your little toe didn't fall off!
We still miss you loads in the library - keep smiling.
Love Deb.

KlaudjaB said...

Thanks Deb!
I'd like to think that I'm spending all my bad luck for a while, so that good days are a-comming!