16 November, 2006

Jesus cures!

I took my son to see the pediatrician in the local health centre and, yes, his name is actually Jesus. My son couldn't stop giggling the whole time and then even I had problems while trying to keep a straight face while addressing him as Dr. Jesus.

Anyway, Jesus and his colleges only take 5 minutes per child which I think is outrageous. He told me that 5 minutes is all they got per patient and that the doctors are actually complaining about that and that they want to have a whooping 10 minutes per patient and ask me to sign a petition to the health minister, which I gladly did. My first political act in Spain.

So, after the allocated 5 minutes he told us that my son has a common flue and gave him a cough syrup, a little paracetamol, recommended for the kid to rest a few days and send us home. Medicines are really cheap in Spain, the whole order cost me 80 cents, around 50p.

I really don't know why the Beckhams didn't choose Jesus as a name for their son. After all they name the poor boy Cruz which actually means cross (with all its religious meaning) and it's usually a name for girls. Jesus Beckham sounds fantastic! Imagine the headlines if he became a footballer with that name and it can be announced that Jesus scores again!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you haven't lost your famous sense of humour. Love to paxti hope he gets well soon love Glynis x x x

KlaudjaB said...

How can I loose my sence of humour with THAT name!?

Anonymous said...

thanks but to date{coughcough}
i havent lost it
p,that coughing kid in that laptop over there