29 November, 2006

A few uneventfull days

I could get used to this. A few days of calm. This confirm my theory of cycles, that everything in life work in cycles. So I'm enjoying it while it last.
Time to regroup, lick wounds, iron clothes, take stoke of thing and plan action courses for the future. That's another theory of mine: that everything in my life start with a wish or and idea, in any case all start with a though.
I really believe that I'm the mistress of my life to a big extent. That I do create my life with my actions. That I can live a life "by design" and make whatever I really want happen. So, from time to time, I need this quite days in order to take stoke and plan the future. Then, with my future all mapped out for myself, I can deal with the unexpectedness and chaos in the outside world (that is: outside of my self) and work towards my goals. I usually have a bunch of goals that I wish to accomplish, and i work hard to get them.

I knew well in advance that this year'd be tough and important in the sense that the foundation of this Spanish period in our life have to be created. This time last year, the idea of the year ahead loomed scarily and insurmountable, so what I did was to take smalls steps and break the whole thing in chunks that I felt I was able to manage. Otherwise I'd be mad by the end of it.
I went to Argentina and dealt with my mother's passing away and my bereaved dad's future while helping "the husband" deal with his dad's death. I'm still grieving for my mum and I'll probably do it for the rest of my life.
Once we're back in Bristol I've dealt with "the husband" moving to Barcelona; we've never before been apart so it was hard. Luckily, my dad was with me and we supported each other and he was a big help in packing our belongings ready for the big move.
Then all seems to had happened at the same time, the final sorting and packing, quiting a job that I really liked and I knew then that I'd miss the ladies there for years to come, and moving to Spain.

Here in Barcelona things were never easy but at least I can say that life's definitely not dull!!!

So far, things are going more or less according to plan. P. (my son) is well settled at school and he's got his rugby to burn calories and to learn to play as a team. After a few months here, we've found a flat, got the mortgage rolling, and I've got a very part-time job that gives me some money and some estructure in my life. I've even been driving our own car! Most of my possessions are still packed but with any luck in a couple of weeks we'll be moving to our own flat.

So, my next short-term goal is to move once more and to create a home for us all. The making of a home is actually a mid-term goal, as we don't have money to buy all we need for a comfortable living, ie: a sofa, table, fridge, washing machine and the list goes on.

I was toying with the idea of doing a Master degree in information technology and librarianship but not sure about that; first it's quite expensive and, second, the public service here works different than in the UK so a master will not make much of a difference in getting a job in a library. So, I'm going to dedicate some time to learn the local language, Catalan.

Then I want a more stable job with more money, so I'll have to make it happen. now... how? what kind of job? How many hours? Now, I have to think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Babe I am so glad you realise just what a wonderful woman you are well done love Glynis x x x

KlaudjaB said...

I must be, since I have friends like you!!!