18 November, 2006

Good news

Today was a very productive day.

Finally I was allocated my own Social Security Number.
This wasn't easy not fast, first I had to find a job and my employers had to ask the government to allocate me a number, then we all had to wait.
My employers called me this morning with the goods news that all arrived fine, so I was finally able to go and sign my contract for my teaching work, thus being able to cash in all the hours that I thought last month.

That's also good because now we'll be able to negotiate a better deal with the mortgage. We've been delaying the negotiations precisely because we wanted to have both salaries. Here is Spain the banks take into account the sum of all the salaries in order to calculate the mortgage, the monthly payments and even the interest rate, so hopefully now we'll be able to get a better deal and still be able to exchange contracts by the first week of December.

I was also invited for an interview for a secretarial job. The salary is good and the location of the job is just 20 minutes drive from home, so I hope I'll get it. I just have to wait, but I'm in no hurry because now I feel much more confident in my ability to find the right job.

No comments: