02 June, 2007

So much to do so little time...

We have friends staying at home with us, a whole family of three. So life is busier than ever (and crowded as well!) with loads to to, so much to share and piles of shoping and washing up to do (not that i'm doing any of that!).
They're staying with us while they need to get out of England for a few weeks, you know, visa matters. So, I'm teasing them that they're my own private refugees.
We're terribly crowded but at the same time it's so nice to have them here that I know I'm going to miss them terribly as soon as they're gone. Specially the little dear toddler who calls me "tia" (aunty in Spanish) and goes around the house smiling.
They're close friends, so we treat them as we treat family, thus we ask them to hoover the flat, do the dishes and stuff like that. So far, they're not complaining. I think they like my cooking.

Also I went with my (she) friend to the biggest shopping centre in Barcelona, La Maquinista, and we had a ball. One of those ever so girlie days, shopping, trying everything one, comparing tips, eating ice-cream, and so on. The only girlie thing that we didn't was to go to the toilets together for a bit of gossip!! I finished the day totally exhausted but I had my fix of "girlieness" to last me a few months.
I didn't expend much money as I only bought a white shirt and a bright pink skimpy top.

I did check on swimsuits, bikinis and what-have-you but couldn't find anything that I really like. The one-piece swimsuits shows to much cellulitic legs and the 2-pieces shows too much saggy tummy on top of the legs, and I'm not even mentioning the bottom or the flapping upper arms...
That got me thinking...

Maybe there's something to be said in favour of going around topless as people do here. You see? All fashionistas and what-to-wear consultants agreed on one thing: one should show off one's assets and hide the bad bits.
There's nowhere to hide on the beach.
So if you think about it and follow the logical path... then the best way to hide something is to show off something else that will attract all the attention. Even if my boobs are not that great, at least they'll manage to divert the attention from my tights, tummy and upper-arms.
In the worse case scenario people will avert their eyes from me and that's not bad either!!
It works both ways!
That's why most topless ladies here are not models! I've cracked the secret!!

Now I've got to gather the courage to do it on from of my dad.

No comments: