26 June, 2007

Finishing my classes

Most of my classes are about to finish for this academic year.
(This is one more reason as why the party the other day felt like New Year's eve, most people take January off in Argentina as people here take August).
I'm still going to work and teach few special classes during July, but it's down to 15 hours a week so it'll be more relaxed. Good enough to get some money and quiet enough so I can start to relax and have time to think. I need to take stock of this year, check where I am and what do I need to do from here.
(another reason why it feels like New Year's eve in Argentina, as that is usual the time when one thinks about the past year and what the future will be like. Not to mention New Year's resolutions).
For most of my students I prepared the same kind of lesson, something related as how to learn for themselves, because if you don't practice an acquired language you soon enough start to forget it. The easiest thing to do is read articles using the Internet, but I also mentioned other resources such as listening to podcast, watching movies in English with English subtitles to help them, and so on.
I hope they do it. However, the demand for English teachers is such that I know I'm going to keep on working on this area for a as long as I want to.

No comments: