04 June, 2007

Lovely things

On of my favourite thing here in Barcelona is the availability of beautiful, unique designer stuff that you can find around.
What can you expect in a city where even the park benches are as beautiful as this one in Park Guell.
centres just to check beautiful or way, I just enjoy looking at these things. After all my favourite museum in London is, by far, the Victoria and Sometimes I've got a couple of hours between classes and I drive myself to the shopping'sunusual things. It makes sense to me in a purely aestheticAlbert with its many eclectic pieces.

Look at this bed!!
I always liked four posters beds but I wouldn't have one, never, because I think will collect dust and be a pain to clean. But this one looks more like a sculpture.

And look at this one!! Even tough it may be a pain to keep clean, I'd love one, but the price is just crazy and what else can you put in a room with the bed?
The accompaning booklet says:
A
fter two years of researching common sleep problems, German-based Cycle 13 has introduced Lomme -- a platform bed designed to awaken the senses and relax the mind.
The egg-shaped bed is outfitted with light therapy (in a variety of col
ors), an iPod sound station, muscle relaxing system, and storage compartments.
Lomme claims to have created an a
tmosphere in which the senses are enhanced, making relaxation, meditation, and peaceful sleep attainable"

I'm not planing to have another baby, but I love this pushchair.

And look at this way of showing off the olives for your tapas. Altough this one was quite unexpensive, I did not buy it because it's hard to clean and I don't have enought storage space as it is.

But there's one item that I'm forever looking, the old phone that was in the house where I grew up, it was state-of-the-art when my mom brought it and now is, of course, an antique. Is called the Ericofon and it looked like this.
(if you see one, please let me know, I' love to have one at my desk).

No comments: