28 February, 2007

Still employed.

I think I still have a job... just.
I've just had a brief chat with Steve about this month payment, account number, payslip, taxes and so on and he mentioned that I'm going to start having 3 more extra hours from next month (2 classes, one with one person and the other with 8, all intermediate), this time at the Bank.
He also said that he's going to be there to introduce me to the big class next Tuesday. Then, I said that I hope it'll go better than the last one he attended and he said "ahhh!... we need to talk about that".
I can write a whole entry here about the ways Brits can use the "ahh!" exclamation. To start with, the way Steve pronounced it, it sounded as it has 4 syllables and was so charged with meaning that you can feel it entering your brain. Maybe that's my imagination going wild... don't think so.
Anyway... we agree to meet tomorrow to talk about the incident. What does he expected me to say? I know I totally messed it up and I'm still kicking myself about it. If I could, I probably would fire myself. I don't think he will, though, they really need another reliable and qualified teacher and they're hard to find. But I bet I'll be on probation for donkeys years now.

I don't want to go so he can tell me off. I feel like I'm back to primary school and I hated primary school!
We agreed to meet tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweetie,
don't go to be told off, go to get advise from a person of long experience how to handle such situations - some didactic solution, a back-up plan, or sth. similar.
He not only needs you, he also wants you - otherwise you wouldn't be given MORE hours.

love you!

KlaudjaB said...

Thank!! Today I SO need a friendly shoulder!