23 February, 2007

dream job?

(Ladies at Filton Lib. I miss you!!)

I don't mind teaching English but I'd like to work in a nice fix place (I think that all this travelling around with a big bag of books will tired me after a while), as part of a team (this is quite a lonely job) and in my ideal world that job also has to be part-time and well paid. It also has to be something related with books, languages and using my brain.

Well. I fully believe that any future starts with a dream and the creation of a goal so I daydream a lot. Then, I try the best I can to search or create possible ways toward my goal.
One thing that I do most everyday is to check a couple of web pages with jobs adds. Today there was one that looked pretty good.
There's one famous (in the Spanish world) publishing house called Editorial Planeta (check their website) and they placed an add today. They're looking for somebody with a language degree in English or Spanish (my BA's in both), with good level of both these languages plus Portuguese and Euskera (the language of the Basque country, which I don't know at all), good writing skills, some experience in publishing (I've got the Oxford dictionary on my belt), capable of working as a team and computer literate.
I think that's me!! Or that could be me if I learn some Euskera...
Whatever.
I sent my CV with a nice cover letter as soon as I saw the add, and some hours latter, when I was back from work, I've got an e-mail saying that they got it and that I'm already shortlisted but also saying that the process may take at least 4 weeks, so not to worry to much.

Now, I'm checking the add and it says that they have 85 applicants and it's already closed to more applications. That is popular because it was up there for less than a day!!

The funny thing is it doesn't really say precisely what kind of job is, the wording is quite vague, something about needing a teacher who can answer phone queries and work in the creation of teaching material. It's also a part-time job but it doesn't mention the salary.

So... now, to wait and hope for the best. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!


No comments: