13 March, 2008

Going to Bristol!

I've bought tickets to go to Bristol for 6 days!!

This is the first time for as long as I can remember that I'm taking a holiday on my own, and God's know that I deserve it.

Then why do I feel guilty?

Well... it all started last year when my mother-in-law declared that if my father stayed with us for 6 months then she's going to stay with us for the exact same time this year. Of course we totally panicked as the old lady is not exactly a joy to be with.
I'm not going to bore you with the whole negotiation story, let's just say that "the husband" managed to reduce the time we have to serve from her proposed 6 months to 1 month and 18 days. A great achievement for "the husband" as she's a very determined woman.
(She was the very first woman to graduate as a medical doctor in our local university and then she went on to a post-grad and became a paediatrician. That tells you a lot about her and her determination in a machista society as it was Argentina on the 50's).

So, as we were talking and trying to see how are were going to organise for her visit, Patxi said that it'll be a good idea if I take a holiday on my own before she arrived so I'd be fresh and relaxed. That got me thinking but then I've changed the timing a bit so I could have a nice break in the middle of her stay to refresh my self.
Then I found very cheap tickets in Ryan Air (total return tickets cost €45 around 30 pounds!) and I'm going!!

That's going to be invigorating. I know that probably the weather is going to be bad but who cares, I've got sun here!
So, ladies of Filton library, here I go! We'll have to organise to have lunch on the pub behind the library as I haven't see you in almost 2 years.
I'm going to visit loads of people and also do some shopping, despite the fact the Britain is very expensive if you go with euros.

I'm looking forward to my first holidays on my own for a very long time.

No comments: