24 March, 2008

Flat Christmas decorations

I mentioned in a tatting newsgroup that I do Christmas decorations with my tatting and somebody actually want to see them!

So I'm posting here a few of the decorations that I tat using a standard bangle for support.
I tat a 5 point start and attach it as I go to the bangle, this is not as difficult as it sounds, just means going around the bangle with the shuttle and getting the next stitch to support it firmly in place.
As you can see, the colour and size of the thread makes all the difference. In this case I used plastic pink bangles and a metal looking one.

Sometimes I also add beads but I gave those away so, sorry, no pictures. I also did them with with a metallic thread as I hope you can see on the second picture (the blue one) but I didn't like it much because the thread was too hard to work with.

I also tried with different designs, basically anything will do, but the snowflakes and stars are my favourites for Christmas.

I'll try to post the baubles as well.

This decorations work really well for me as most of my family lives in the southern hemisphere and my friends are scattered around the globe, so I have to post the decorations and is easier and cheaper to post flat things. And they look really good on the three or even on a window.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Joy said...

Thanks for the pictures, Claudia! I love the idea that they're flat for mailing and still sturdy. Great job!

KlaudjaB said...

Thanks!!!