25 October, 2007

Rock chic

"The husband" and I went to a concert. A very rare night out for us.

An Argentinean group that we really like very much is touring Spain and they're giving 2 shows in Barcelona. I think it's mainly for the Argentinean expats community altough you can find their cds in any local music shop.
They're called Bersuit Vergarabat and they have a very eclectic style, to say the least. Their music range goes from fun upbeat Argentinean cuartetos (salsa like music) to dramatic tangoish songs to furious riffs from heavy metal inspiration. So the whole concert was very interesting and one moment you can see everybody shaking their hips Ricky Martin's style and pogoing furiously at the next song... sometimes even in the same song.
The hall was packed, mainly Argentineans, and the average age must have been around 25 so I felt extremely old. Nevertheless I was dancing, clapping and all except the pogo bit which I cannot do, so I just flexed my knees with one hand in the air (and the other on the wall to keep me steady) in the vain hope that it'd look like a pogo from afar.

We had a great time and we sang our hearts out. My knees are still a bit sore and my ears are still ringing today as the sound was far too loud but I'm going to keep going to pop/rock concerts until I stop enjoying them or I'm wheel chair bound, whatever happens first.

It's nice to go out without much care or planning, knowing that my dad is at home to feed and just been there with my son when he's back from his rugby training. My dad's going next month and I'm going to miss him very much.
Not that we go out any often now... but it's going to be even less easy when he's gone.

No comments: