10 October, 2007

It ended! (phew!)

Today was the last time I had to go to San Llorenc Savall, the place up in the mountains, to teach. And it wasn't a second too soon. I was really looking forward to finish this one as the road was giving me a lot stress and I was then late to everything else.
I was very professional and I did finish my commitment although I was very tempted to ended right there after the crash.

So I wrote my report for the course and at the end I wrote (this is an actual quote):
I believe that they are keen to continue with lessons in November and they are going to need some more translation work in the future. However, I do not think I am willing to drive to San Llorenc as the bendy and very busy road was too much for me. (sorry)�
I'm not good at all at saying no, so that paragraph cost me a lot to write!
Why I'm not comfortable saying a plain old no? Not a clue.
Here in Spain is part of the culture so sometimes you have to guess that people actually mean NO when they're mumbling all sort of perhaps and then simply just don't do it. It's like we're told is just not polite to refuse. It's just in the culture so beware if you ever visit Spain or Latin America.

No comments: