11 December, 2006

Phone and Net

In record time, Telefonica called very early today to see if it was possible to connect the phone in the new flat. Of course I jumped out of bed to go to the flat to be there when they arrived. And everything went smoothly this time and they connect the new phone.
However, this being Telefonica, the company with the worst costumer service ever, we couldn't keep the number even when we're moving just a few blocks south in the same town. The person who connected the phone told me that they only do that with "important clients" meaning big business, and only after they pay a lot of money for the privilege. Obviously, normal households are not important for Telefonica, and it shows.

The good news, then, is that we're having a phone line in the new flat. The bad news is that we're not going to have a line for much longer in the rented flat, meaning: no Internet access.

So, we need to move in a hurry as I cannot be living without Internet access any longer. I've got withdrawal symtoms last time and went totally cold turkey without access to the net. I'm a confess addict to Internet and Coca-Cola (I even have a emergency can of the stuff hidden in my fridge, just in case -God forbid- we run out of it).

Hopefully, we'll move smoothly and there will be no time without connexion and no interruption of this blog and e-mails, but we never know here. So, if I don't post for a few days... bear it with me, I'll be suffering more than you'd do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no you won't. I read your blog to cheer me up when I'm missing you GlynisXXXXXXXXX

KlaudjaB said...

Do you need any cheering up?
Hello!
Christmas' coming? Buying time? Who need to be cheered when you have shoping??