10 May, 2007

People going

Tomorrow is a complicated day as both Patxi and my mother-in-law are travelling on the same day and, of course, I'm the driver and I'm to take them both and make sure they're on time and everything.
P's going to a rugby tournament in Valladolid, a town near Madrid in the middle of Spain. This is his first trip by himself and I'm more nervous about it than he is, of course, as I see it as a sort of "coming-of age road trip movie" and he sees it as "going away with the guys". He's going for 3 days by bus with 10 other kids from his team and at least 30 other kids from the same club plus the coaches and helpers. It's a 10 hours trip by bus, each way, this being a big country and all and some parents are going too but they're driving.
We wanted to go but I'm working of Friday, plus we think that it'll be good for P to be alone with other kids, he's spending far too much time with adults and very little time with kids. His teacher told us that he's a good student but he's very shy and doesn't play well with other kids at school.
Also my mother-in-law is flying back to Argentina the same day in the evening and we also need to take her and her luggage to the airport.
It's been nice to have her here and this visit went quite nice, giving or taking a few glitches, nothing important really. Of course it's not easy to live with your mom-in-law 24/7 at home but this time she was very polite and didn't criticised (much) my domestic or mothering ways as she used to do before. All in all, it was a good experience and 1 month is just enough.
I also think that she had a good time, but you never really know, I believe that she's just as happy to go back to her own home and ways as I am to go back to my normal life.

Then it'll be nice to have a weekend just for "the husband" and I to catch up with just us. This is a very rare treat indeed and we should plan something special. The problem is that is so rare a treat that I don't know what we could do with that time anymore!

No comments: