16 May, 2007

My dad arrived!

My dad arrived yesterday.
I went to pick him up at the local airport and I arrived very late as it took me 2 hours and a half to make a trip that usually takes not longer that 1 hour, at most! It was rush hour in the morning and the motorway was totally packed. I choose to take the expensive motorway, the one where you pay a toll, thinking that it'll be easier but no. At times we were locked in a standstill and it took for ever.
Luckily my dad didn't mind, but but the time I arrived I've got my knickers in a twist (I do love this very British expression! so graphic!). So, by the time we went to get the car from the parking lot I couldn't find it!! It took me around half an hour until I finally find it!
Then I drove home and everything went fine and I didn't have to cancel any of my classes for the day.
My dad was totally exhausted after such a long trip. It's more or less 12 hours from Buenos Aires to Madrid (an overnight flight) and then he waited in Madrid airport a few hours to flight to Barcelona, All in all, I think it took him more than 20 hours from Buenos Aires to our flat in Sabadell. So as soon as he arrive home he went straight to bed.

It's very nice to have my dad here. We all get along very well and I don't mind him taking over the room were I used to have my desk and things. I'm just glad that he can stay with us and that he's fit enough to enjoy Barcelona.

No comments: