17 August, 2006

The Middle East

An old friend of mine who lives up north in Israel just contacted me. I was worried about him because he lives in a kibbutz very close to the Lebanon. He's fine although he was sent to Jerusalem for a few days to get a bit of a rest of the bombing, he's very down and he told me that he doesn't dare to hope and cannot see an end to the situation.

I don't have any personal friends in Lebanon but nevertheless my heart bleeds for both countries and their people.

Watching the news today was sobering as it put my little problems and my moaning in perspective.

Let's hope that the situation will get better somehow but I believe that this sort of action and the unwavering support of the US will end up making the Lebanese people vote against their pro-Western government with all the obvious consequences.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Dov got in touch with you. I gave him your address, far easier than trying to log in here! Lloyd said it is easier to log in here as anonymous, but remebering to include your name, or you will be "anonymous"! ;-) Rain in Spain, it's lovely here!
Frank

KlaudjaB said...

"The rain falls in Spain mainly on the plains" remember that? What was it? My fair lady?
Whatever. What are you talking about rain in Spain? Here in Barcelona is very sunny and quite hot. Where were you?