25 January, 2008

Reading again!

When I'm sad or there's something wrong in my life one of the first thing to suffer is my reading, and it always makes matters worst because if I can't read I feel worse!
I stop reading when Darwin died and it was not until a few days ago that I pick up a book again. Appropriately enough it was a book about readers and the power of reading in ones life. Is Alan Bennett's "The uncommon reader". I never read any of his books before but i was tempted to give it a go when I saw it on the best sellers list in Amazon.
As it's a tiny book it only took me a few days to go through and at the end I felt that familiar sense of lost that I get when I really liked a book and felt close to the characters and sad that I'm leaving them behind.
There's no many book in English in the local library and whoever buys them has a penchant for crime and mystery, genres that I don't particularly enjoy. So, thank god for amazon! So far the service is good and fast and only once did a parcel got lost and they offered to send replacements or a full refund as one of the book was out of print.
Now that I broke the jinx more books are queuing up in my bed table and I feel that I'm getting back to normal after all the grieving. In fact the very next book is Cesar Millan "Cesar's way". This guy has a TV program that I watched both in the British TV and the local one and he deals with dogs with behavioural problems. So, I'm reading his book now to hopefully learn how to avoid having problems with the next dog. I want to be the best dog owner that I can be so I'm starting to learn (at least the theory) well before the dog is actually here.

Now that I'm back on the books I'd really appreciate if you tell me what are you reading or listening now, it may inspire me! And is always good to check on other's reading bag. thanks in advance.

No comments: