07 September, 2007

Good start for the pumas


Being Argentinean brings very few moments for joy or celebration, and today we just had one of them. As is often the case, is sport related as Argentina defeated France in Paris at the Rugby World Cup opener in the very same stadium where France won the world cup some years ago. The score was: 17 - 12!

My cousin in France, Marie Pierre, just today sent me an e-mail asking me if i was watching the match... ahh, mon dieu! If my French was any better I'd call her right now to gloat!

I knew that the Pumas were good, but I have to admit that I though that France, being the locals and very good, had just the right edge, so I truly enjoyed seeing the Pumas fight like, well... pumas against Les bleus!

At least 2 of the Argentineans player played in Bristol, the captain of the team Agustín Pichot (surprisingly short, left, when he played for Bristol) and Felipe Contepomi (cute, right) and I was introduced to them once in a party at the Argentinian embasy in London.

The Argies still have to play Ireland at the end of the month, and in any case this is going to be a tough tournament no doub, but... what a way to start!!

No comments: