23 March, 2008

Easter's egg


I start with the recipe for the traditional Easter cake here.

Our second Easter week here in Catalonia and I'm having a tummy ache for too much chocolate and sweets.
As usual here Easter chocolate means much more than just an egg and the creations are as beautiful as ever and it was a pleasure just to go to around town visiting the shops to see what new wonderful things they have. This year, on top of the more traditional styles, I saw many designs such as the ones that I'm posting here. Art to lick! I love this place!

We still have one more day of eating as tomorrow here in Catalonia is Pascua Florida, which can be translated as Blooming Easter. I've no idea what's the meaning, but nobody work and we have to eat a special cake decorated with coloured feathers and sometime small chicks as this one in the picture. Nobody I know takes the trouble to bake one as the local shops do a magnificent and truly delicious job. In some places you even have to book them in advance.
As we were invited for lunch today to our Japanese friend's place, we took one and everybody loved it.

I wish we could share this with a nice cup of Earl grey! or even a humble PG. I'm about to run out of PG tea and "the husband" teases me that the true reason that I'm going to Bristol soon is to get some more tea!
Whatever!

I wish you had as lovely an Easter Sunday as we just had!

No comments: